About the Festival
Porthleven Food Festival, now in its tenth year, is a well-established event on the festival calendar. The Festival brings around 30,000 people together in and around the stunning harbour port of Porthleven with national and international chef’s theatre, food stalls, street food, music day and night and entertainment for all.
The Festival is a non-profit community organisation run by talented, committed and enthusiastic volunteers from the local community. The objectives of the food festival are to:
- Protect and stimulate the local economy.
- Ensure the involvement and pleasure of the whole community.
- Stimulate the growth of awareness of the environment, food culture and production, and nutrition
- Promote awareness of the extent and quality of locally produced food
- Aspire to a wider audience and a growing cultural remit
If you need to get in touch please see our contact page.
Did you know that there has been a settlement here for thousands of years? Whether they grew up here or moved here to live, Porthleven’ers are proud of their history.
The Porthleven Community Interest Company secured funds to develop a Town Trail providing much information about the history of the place. Find it here: Porthleven Town Trail